How Metro uses and protects any information about you that you provide when you visit this website.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
We encourage you to accept the cookies our website uses as they help us to improve the user experience for you and many others.
We have this information on our website because of the new (2011) EU Cookie Law.
The cookies we use are:
|Used by Metro's web content management system (Umbraco).
||These are session cookie files, which are erased when you close your browser.
||These session cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
||An overview of privacy at Google
|These 'persistent cookies' collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
||An overview of privacy at Google
To delete or reject cookies
We recommend you allow the cookies we set by this website as they help us provide a better service. If you do not want to receive cookies from this website, select cookie settings under the privacy settings in your browser options, then add our domain to the list of websites you do not want to accept cookies from.
Under settings you can also delete individual cookies or any cookies that your browser has stored.
More about how to delete and control cookies (external site - opens in a new window)
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
1. This website is operated and controlled by Metro.
2. Metro is the common marketing name for both the West Yorkshire Integrated Transport Authority and the West Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive and should be interpreted as such in this Privacy Statement.
3. This Privacy Statement only covers Metro websites and does not extend to links to other websites from Metro-operated and controlled websites.
4. The only personal information Metro may collect from you via its websites is your email address and any other personal information which you forward to Metro by email. This information will be processed in accordance with, and will comply with, the Data Protection Act 1998.
5. Your personal information will be processed for the following specified purposes:
(a) processing your requests;
(b) sending you information which you have requested;
(c) auditing usage of this website; and
(d) monitoring usage of this website to enable Metro to update and tailor the website to meet the needs of users.
6. Metro may keep a record of those links which are most regularly used, thus enabling Metro to provide the most helpful information to users. Such information is held anonymously and you will not be personally identifiable from this information.
7. To keep you informed about products and services offered by Metro, we may notify you by email or by post. If you wish to stop receiving such communications please contact Metro's Travel Choices Team on 0113 251 7497.